January 08, 2010

Digital Detox (Epilogue)

Hello, again. Much to the chagrin of single females everywhere, I haven’t disappeared. ;-)

For those who haven’t figured it out yet, I participated in John Mayer’s Digital Cleanse for the first seven days of 2010. Among other things, this meant no logging in to social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. This also meant that I couldn’t read or post blog entries, hence the dearth of updates here. Despite that latter rule, I wrote five new entries during my cleanse, one of which goes into a more detailed account of my experience. You can read those entries immediately below this one.

Apart from accidentally clicking (and then promptly leaving) a few blogs, I’ve made it through the cleanse without my social networking crutches. Apart from writing the blog entries, my time was mostly spent getting reacquainted with Super Mario Bros. via my emulators, along with reading various Wikipedia articles. I also watched Avatar for the second time in IMAX 3D (go see it, trust me) and purchased its soundtrack CD, along with The Essential “Weird Al” Yankovic.

Perhaps it shouldn’t have taken an influential Twitter user to make me ditch my social networking habits for one week. However, I’ll be forever grateful for this Digital Cleanse and the lessons learned therein.

Thank you, John.

P.S. No new pictures…yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment