January 10, 2010

I See You

In light of my recent digital cleanse, I’m slowly making a greater effort to connect with people in the flesh. As part of this effort, I tried a different approach at my Designer Saturdays photo shoot yesterday. Instead of whipping out my camera gear immediately after getting acquainted with the featured designer (Sarah Lee Ottewell), I established conversational rapport with her before going to work.

I’m happy to report that I very much enjoyed yesterday’s shoot for reasons other than the number of good shots taken. Not only was our rapport easily established (despite a few bad jokes on my part), but it was enhanced due to a few more people joining us later on. On top of that, thanks to Sarah’s lesson on sewing mittens out of old sweaters, I’m now the proud owner of a brown and pink pair.

Yesterday’s shoot makes me wish that there were more Designer Saturdays to look forward to. Even though it’s the last one for now, I hope to reap greater benefits from my new approach as I will be using it as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment