February 12, 2010

Pump Up The Giambrone

I took photos at Adam Giambrone’s launch party for his Toronto mayoral campaign last week. I wanted to get a shot of him standing with his partner, Sarah McQuarrie, but I wasn’t able to do so. However, I did photograph them together at the end of Adam’s speech; here are two examples below.

Celebrate Toronto #18

Celebrate Toronto #19

As everyone in Toronto (and maybe beyond) knows by now, Mr. Giambrone thought that big pimpin’ was the better way. However, this entry’s focus isn’t the scandal per se, but its effect on my photos, particularly the above two.

Exhibit A: my Flickr stats immediately after the scandal broke. Trust me, these numbers were nowhere near what they were on February 9th and 10th.


Stats from February 9th.


Stats from February 10th.

Exhibit B: as of the scandal, these photos have currently been featured in eight articles at sites like The Globe and Mail, True/Slant and Spacing. They could end up in even more places before Toronto’s mayoral race is over.

See what happens when you accurately tag your photos (and use the right Creative Commons license)? Let this serve as more proof that there is more to the presentation of your photos than merely editing and uploading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment