November 16, 2009

I Love You, But...

I was faced with an important choice earlier today: my body or my camera? Let me explain.

A few weeks ago, I blogged about how my burgeoning photography gig was causing me to scale back my gym workouts. In particular, I was upset with myself one day last week because on the previous evening, I allowed YouTube videos to delay me from sleeping at a proper time. I also wanted to work out this morning, but yesterday's Don Moen/Mandisa concert at my church went a bit late.

I was planning to attend an event earlier tonight at the Manulife Centre Indigo, but taking photographs surely would have meant coming home later than desired. When you factor in the editing and uploading processes, you have yet another night where I'd go to bed later than necessary.

For those reasons, I put my foot down and decided to stay home.

It's now 8:16 p.m. as I write this blog entry. In about two to three hours, I'll be going to bed. I look forward to my first morning workout.

*EDIT at 9:18 p.m.* I just looked at my gym location's web page; it's closed for renovations. Darn it!!

It could have been much worse. I could have woken up early tomorrow and found out when I got to the gym. Still, I'm dismayed at delaying my return to regular workouts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment