September 22, 2009

A Squandered Opportunity

Yesterday, I blogged about my desire to shoot Car Free Day. That event is happening as I type, but unfortunately, I'm still at home. It wasn't that I couldn't wake up early enough this morning - I just couldn't summon the energy to do what I had to do.

I know the exact cause of this squandering of opportunity. Last night, I started working on a mash-up of two songs: The Chemical Brothers' "It Doesn't Matter" and Tye Tribbett & G.A.'s "Stand Out"; the idea popped into my head earlier in the day. As the project progressed, I got so into it that I didn't care about petty things like getting enough sleep. As a result, I have a techno/gospel soundclash to show for my efforts, but I won't have any photos. That sucks.

Having said that, given the uncertain weather, the venture would have been a gamble from the outset. Looking out my window now, however, the forecasted rain seems to be holding up.

Darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment