September 08, 2009

Finishing What I Start

As I said earlier, this is my fourth attempt at maintaining a blog. I've started and shut down three blogs in the past:

I was enthusiastic when I started those blogs, thinking that I'd see them though to their completion. However, due to loss of interest on my part (and the small fact that, gee, I had no readers), I shut them down. Having said that, I resurrected the third one just so you can see where my head was at.

I probably said this when I started Pitch Attack, but I'll say it again: He Shoots... looks like something which I could maintain for at least a good long while. Even when I was working at my last job, if a festival happened on any given weekend (and the weather was good), I'd bring my point-and-shoot Fujifilm FinePix A510 and take a lot of photos. The only things that have changed between then and now are my main camera and my (un)employment status.

Not only that, but I know for sure that I have at least one (regular or otherwise) reader. Also, certain events have happened as if to let me know that I'm going in the right direction - winks from God, if you will. For example, besides the epic wins that I blogged about earlier this morning, I have another one to share: my remix of The Wait Is Over is featured at blogTO. I knew those housetops looked familiar as I scrolled down the page... :-)

More good news: just as I'm contemplating a speedlight purchase, I see that Downtown Camera has the Nikon SB-600 Speedlight on sale for $247, a discount of $31. The regular website price is only three dollars more than this sale price, but what the heck.

I want to be taken seriously, so I need the serious goods. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment