September 11, 2009

Downtime

I had a lot of time to kill before DJ Champion's free gig yesterday night. In light of my disappointment at Brazilian Day Canada on Labour Day, I arrived at Yonge-Dundas Square a few hours early and staked out a spot at the front shortly after my arrival.

During the downtime, I met three photographers who were either working on their own or for a photographic agency. It didn't matter that I didn't have an official media tag or any other credentials. When they saw me with my newly-accessorized DSLR, the ice melted; there was no need to break it.

Oh, and in case you're wondering...one of them asked me if I had a card. I gave him Kristen Gale's suggestion from earlier in the week, then probably made a promise to myself that I'd work on getting my own cards next week. I mean, what's $19.99USD compared to the money I've already spent on this new vocation? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment