September 11, 2009

Don't Worry, Mr. Schuman

The Toronto International Film Festival launched yesterday, so I did some stargazing in Yorkville at the corner of Cumberland and Bellair St. near Sassafraz. I didn't see anyone famous, but I saw "ordinary" people who might as well have been stars. They were dressed so nicely that they could have fooled me into asking for their autographs...or even a picture.

With that in mind, an idea hit me during my stargazing, although it's one that's already doing wonders for Scott Schuman. That's right: taking pictures of well-dressed citizens who are stars in their own right. The focus wouldn't be on high fashion or trend-breaking outfits per se, but I'd like to shine a spotlight on people who could be stars at a time when people who are stars are getting the most press.

I actually asked a fine-looking woman on Cumberland if she'd let me take her picture. She turned me down (some things never change), but due to the fact that I asked the question in the first place, I'm actually making progress.

Pray that I don't chicken out on my planned start date of Saturday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment