- Before the Protest Against Protests, someone recognized me and even called me by my Internet handle. I don’t recall seeing him at a previous shoot, though he may have seen me.
- Record Store Day at Sonic Boom was the first event where Nifty (50mm lens) and Jane (35mm lens) really worked as a tag team. The resulting set would have been shortchanged if I had used only one of those lenses. Having said that, remembering to bring earplugs would have improved my overall experience. Ergo, I’ve packed one pair in my camera bag for similar situations in the future.
- At that same shoot, my regular camera battery almost ran out of juice; before it died, I replaced it with my spare battery. Without it, I would have missed shots like this one (shot with Nifty):
Andrew Scott of Sloan
- I recently contemplated a smartphone purchase (i.e. BlackBerry or iPhone) due to my highly active Twitter account. However, this would not have been wise due to my current lack of steady income; my monthly expenses would have increased by at least $56.50. Also, buying the phone outright would have cost me at least $549.99! I could probably purchase more camera gear with that money.
- Speaking of my Twitter account, there’s a reason I haven’t been posting too many individual pictures here. I’m now likely to post them to my Yfrog account, especially if I shot them with my point-and-shoot camera. Heck, I didn’t even post the last few that I shot with Nicky, but you can find them at that same Yfrog page. You can also find older shots at my TwitPic account.
April 19, 2010
Bits And Pieces
Apart from my Flickr set posts, it’s been slow here at He Shoots… It’s not for a lack of trying; I’ve had a few ideas which ultimately weren’t worth posting full blog entries. However, in order to prove that the rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated, here are a few bits and pieces of what’s been happening with me.