January 30, 2010

Beautiful Accident

Before I go on a photo shoot, I always take one shot in order to check that everything is working as it should. There is value in this process; for example, I've previously discovered that I had forgotten to insert the memory card after charging the battery. I can't imagine the shock of finding out that I had forgotten one of my most important tools after arriving at my location.

Before going to WinterCity earlier this evening, I took my usual test shot. Here it is below.

Beautiful Accident

I forgot to put the shot into focus before hitting the shutter button. Thank God for that; the blurriness is what made me elevate this photo to "keeper" status.

For the record, I tried reproducing this shot, but I ended up deleting these attempts. They may have been beautiful, but they definitely weren't accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment