November 07, 2009

Second Career (TK Remix)

It's been more than one year since I found out that my last job would be outsourced to India. At first, I thought that it was necessary to find a job with my former employer. As the months passed with no luck in that endeavour, I expanded my search to include other employers. During my search, I found out about a provincial program called Second Career. It allows qualified applicants to retrain for a new career at an Ontario college, with financial governmental support up to $28,000. My initial field of choice was health care, although as time passed, photography snuck in as a viable second choice.

As I was praying earlier this morning, something came to mind. The work that I've been doing on my own - namely, this blog and my photo shoots - has become my personal Second Career training. Even though my "educational costs" are coming out of my own pocket, I'm still learning about my chosen subject. The best part is that I don't have to worry about lining up with a professor's opinion of what photography should look like.

No matter how "green" or technologically advanced the economy becomes, everyone needs a photo at some point. Besides, you can't easily outsource a photographer. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment