November 06, 2009

One Step Closer

I was feeling good on my way home from yesterday night's photo shoot at the Regent Park Film Festival. In a matter of minutes, I'd be eating dinner and editing my photos...at least, that was the plan.

As I walked from the bus to my apartment building, I noticed a substance sticking to the bottom of my right shoe. I initially thought that it was just stubborn dirt, so I wiped the shoe on the apartment driveway's curb. Unfortunately, that action didn't complelely solve the problem, so I made a detour to the laundry room's washroom to find out what was really happening.

As I cleaned the shoe, I took a whiff of one of the paper towels I was using. That, folks, is when I found out that the "stubborn dirt" was really dog crap. To make a long story short, I spent twenty minutes in that washroom futily trying to clean my shoe, and about another twenty-five more when I finally got home. Thankfully, no one else was in the laundry room while I did my business.

Needless to say, I didn't see the crap in advance. Since it was almost midnight, any fecal matter in that grass was well-camouflaged. I wish I thought about that before getting off the bus; this has proven to be a costly mistake - $158.19 to be exact. I could have spent that money on a zoom lens or a tripod, darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment