November 26, 2009

In Praise Of Slow?

I'm having one of those weeks where having a day job seems like an attractive option. There haven't been any events which I've felt like photographing yet; when that happens, the lack of activity in my life makes itself evident. These days, I can't even work out because my gym is closed for two months. Mind you, I have a membership which allows me to go to any of my chain's locations, but they likely don't have a complimentary towel service and I don't feel like bringing my own with me.

There were two events at the Manulife Indigo which I thought I could photograph, but I'm actually glad I didn't. The first one featured author Michael Chabon; the second, which I attended, featured Margaret Atwood. The latter event (and likely the first one) had an official photographer, although I saw another person making his rounds and taking shots. In any event, I would have felt a bit weird setting up my gear and enjoying the event while trying to get a few good photos.

Even though this weekend brings at least one shoot with it, I hope the situation changes before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment