October 12, 2009

Of Informants, Surprise Run-Ins And Dopplegangers

I caught a morning screening of The Informant! this morning for six dollars. Despite a few very funny moments, the movie itself was a disappointment - but what happened when the ending credits rolled was a different story.

As I was getting ready to leave, I thought I recognized the face of an acquaintance from my former workplace. It turned out that I was right; we exchanged greetings and started conversating about her job and my lack thereof. Since I already learned the hard way to always carry my MOO cards with me, I made sure to give her a card as our conversation drew to a close. Result: one less missed opportunity to blog about (actually, two - but I'll let you figure that one out).

By the way, I think a certain self-dater* is preparing for the day when she becomes rich and famous. If she didn't walk by me while I was eating lunch, then she's got a really good doppleganger who fooled the heck out of me.

*I'm not naming names; this is your only clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment