October 31, 2009

2-4-6-8

This is going to sound like a plug or advertisement, but I'm doing this out of my own free will.

Allow me to take the time to show how I appreciate the folks at Downtown Camera. Upon the recommendation of one of my gym's trainers, I've been buying my camera gear from that store ever since I started taking photography seriously. This afternoon was no exception; I purchased a Lambency flash diffuser. I still haven't thought of a nickname for it, but "Adam" is a possibility. (Let's see if you can figure that one out.)

Anyway, John was my salesman today; Stan is usually my go-to dude, but he already had a customer when I entered the store. The truth is that I was going to buy a Gary Fong Lightsphere, but John pointed out the possibility of speedlight "leakage" through the bottom. After this, he retrieved a couple of Lambency diffusers; they looked mighty similar to the Lightsphere, but the first difference I noticed was the price. I sometimes believe that you get what you pay for, but given my current situation, I definitely appreciate the value of a good bargain. I also appreciate the next step that John took: he showed the diffuser's effectiveness by contrasting shots taken with and without it. I was pleased with the results, especially considering the difficulties I experienced at my Curcuit Gallery shoot.

You already know that I made the purchase, but not before finding out about a 30% discount on the diffuser. Since I turned 30 last Wednesday, I like to think of it as a birthday discount. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment